Reporting anti-social behaviour

Fullscreen capture 28022016 163259.bmpThe Crime and Disorder Act 1998 defines anti-social behaviour as acting “in a manner that causes or is likely to cause harm, alarm or distress”.

As anti-social behaviour covers a range of issues – noise, vandalism, drugs, alcohol, dog-fouling and many more – there are a number of agencies who can respond to try and stop it. This can lead to confusion over knowing who to report what to.

The Shropshire Safer Stronger Communities Partnership believes that all residents and tenants have the right to live peacefully within their home and communities, and is committed to tackling anti-social behaviour. The partnership has a single reporting telephone number for people to report incidents of anti-social behaviour – 0345 678 9020. You can also call West Mercia Police on 101. Both numbers are available 24 hours a day.

Leave a Reply

David Turner

Woodhouse Farm
Much Wenlock
TF13 6NZ

01952 728802
Shropshire Council
The views expressed on this website are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Conservative Councillors' Association or the Conservative Party.